How Crafter Works¶
Crafter is an award-winning web content and experience management solution that allows organizations to build and manage rich online experiences on the web, mobile, social, and all digital online channels.
How Crafter CMS Works¶
- Authors work in Crafter Studio
- Web based application. There is nothing to install.
- Crafter Studio is multi-tenant so you can manage as many sites as you need to
- Studio provides a safe environment to make and preview content changes
- All changes are versioned and audited
- Once ready content is submitted to workflow for approval
- On approval content is published to the live environment.
- Content can be published immediately
- Or on a schedule
- Crafter Studio can publish to anywhere including social networks however, we often Publish to Crafter Engine.
- Crafter Engine is a high performance, Spring MVC based content delivery engine.
- Crafter Engine delivers highly personalized HTML (and other markup) based content and Content APIS (Content as a Service).
- Crafter Engine is multi-channel. It supports Responsive Design and Adaptive Design as well as Content as API(s)
- Crafter Engine is multi-tenant so you can deliver as many sites as you need to.
To log in to Crafter Studio: * Enter the following in the URL of your browser http://SERVERNAMEHERE/studio * Enter your user name * Enter your password * Click “Sign in”
Note: You can change the language used for the Studio UI by selecting a language on the sign in screen.
- Input boxes
- Text areas
- Rich text editors
- Date pickers
- Group checkboxes
- Image pickers
- Child content selectors
- File Selectors
- Repeat Groups
Placing Content Components¶
- Drop Zones
- Available components
- Placing new components
- Placing existing components
- Moving components around
- deleting components
Submitting Content for Approval¶
Common Editing Questions¶
- I forgot my password
- The template dictates the markup, how do I change the markup and CSS?
- A component I want is not available, what do I do?
- I don’t see an option to edit when I right click on the content tree, what’s wrong?