Debugging Search Issues¶
Overview of Searchw Mechanics¶
- When authors save content it is written to the preview instance of Crafter Search and ultimately to Solr.
- When authors approve and publish content for an environment content is written to the preview instance of Crafter Search and ultimately to Solr.
- Author writes content to Crafter Studio.
- On write in preview or on deployment to an environment Crafter Studio sends content to the deployer
- A processor in the target of the deployer creates a “search” document and issues a create/update/delete to Crafter Search
- Crafter Search, a thin API layer with simple business rules issues the same create/update/delete to the Solr index.
- The end user makes a page or service request to Crafter Engine.
- Crafter Engine components requiring queries issue a query to Crafter Search
- Crafter Search issues applies simple rules/additions to the query and issues the query to Solr
Places Search Indexing Can Get Hung Up¶
- Crafter Studio is preview sends content a deployment engine on write. Ensure that the preview context is receiving content.
- If the deployement agent is not receiving content check network connectivity, ports, and the password for the target.
- The deployment agent has a target with a Search Processor. Ensure that the processor is configured to the proper HOST, PORT for Crafter Search.
- Crafter Search is configured to talk to a Solr index. Ensure that Crafter Search is configured to the proper HOST, PORT for Solr
- Crafter Engine is configure to talk to Crafter Search. Ensure that Crafter Engine is configured to the proper HOST, PORT for Crafter Search.
Configure Crafter Deployer: Configure Hostname, ports and Crafter Search URL¶
Configure Crafter Engine: Configure Hostname, ports and Crafter Search URL¶
Configure Crafter Search: Configure Hostname, ports and Solr URL¶