Install Crafter CMS from Zip¶
The zip file will install a fully functional Crafter Studio instance and a Crafter Engine in Preview Mode. Out of the box, the Studio instance uses a local directory as the repository and a Derby database, which allows a quick and easy set up for local development.
- Download the install zip from http://craftercms.org/downloads.
- Unzip the contents in any directory.
- Start the Tomcat, by navigating to the INSTALL_PATH/bin directory, and executing startup.sh (in Unix systems) or startup.bat (Windows).
- In your browser, go to http://localhost:8080/studio.
- Login in with admin/admin (any username password will work, the security provider is faux by default).
- Click on Create Site, enter the Site Name, the Site Id and pick a blueprint.
After all the previous steps, you should be redirected to your site’s dashboard.